Saturday, September 22, 2007

Game 3: German Shepherd



OBJECTIVE: Be the first to shepherd a German Shepherd. In other words...be the first player to locate a stray German Shepherd and get it to follow you home.

RULES: The only rule is that the German Shepherd must be a stray.

HISTORY: This was played in Germany back in 2001. We arrived here on a Sunday evening. Unfortunately, almost everything closes early on a Sunday. After having eaten dinner, there wasn't much to do. Not only was everything closed but there weren't any sightseeing options in this region of Germany. After having a drink, I made up the premise of this game.

My wife laughed and said that being in Germany doesn't necessarily mean there's an army of stray German Shepherds. She doubted that we would even find one.

After traversing the avenues and alleyways for about 10 minutes, a stray German Shepherd started running head on at me. Of course I was beyond excitement. However, as soon as it ran up to me, it made a turn toward a pole to my left and began to urinate.

WHEN WE PLAYED: Germany 2001 with my wife and a few friends.

*By the way, that is not a German Shepherd in the picture. But that is my favorite dog.

1 comment:

Victor said...

As always, great story!